During quarantine, the staff at the IAHI have been busy both in and out of the “office” and have been staying sane with some much needed music. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite jams that keep us focused, calm or put us in a dancing mood!
Today’s list and commentary is brought to you by Mimi Oluwafemi, a graduate research assistant at the IAHI and graduate student at the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law. She graduates next week!
*Warning: Some of these songs contain strong language and may require adult supervision*
1. Killing Strangers by Marilyn Manson – Well let’s hope we aren’t killing strangers everyone.
2. Black Sheep by Metric – The iconic Metric jam
3. It Might Be Time by Tame Impala – I can’t be a millennial without some Tame Impala.
4. Change the World by Noah Hawley, Jeff Russo – This is a super cool cover made for FX’s Legion tv show. It’s a bit psychedelic and dreamy and just cool.
5. Deadcrush by alt-J – weird song with the best bass ever
6. Babylon (ft. Kendrick Lamar) by SZA – Great song that I don’t get the play it should
7. Sol by NAVVI – More great bass.
8. 24/7 by The Neighbourhood – I went to see them in concert and it was kind of a letdown but all of their albums have such great California sound.
9. Black Out Days by Phantogram – Unstoppable bop.
10. West Coast by Lana Del Rey – LANA! ENOUGH SAID!
We hope you enjoyed this list and stay tuned for more staff music picks!