The IAHI Summer Academy Fellowship supports IUPUI researchers who wish to participate in the IAHI Summer Academy, an intensive and immersive program focused on aiding scholars in accelerating sustainable major interdisciplinary projects that integrate arts, humanities, or qualitative social science approaches into their core research agenda.
Summer Academy Fellows participate in a full-time, three-week academy that provides them the time, space, and support to advance promising research and creative activity at IUPUI.
For the 2023 Summer Academy, the IAHI will help fellows conceptualize and produce a major external grant proposal or project over a three-week time frame. Dates for the Summer Academy will be scheduled to align with the availability of academy fellows.
Award recipients will:
- Receive $5,000 in financial support in the form of summer salary.
- Join the cohort of IAHI Academy Fellows for 2023-24.
- Receive professional development training in interdisciplinary project design and implementation at training sessions during the academy.
- Receive training in public communication and social media at training sessions during the academy.
- Receive continuous peer review during the academy.
- Receive support in grant development.
- Receive support from an external peer mentor who works with researchers to provide critical feedback on their work. This mentor will receive a $500 honorarium.
The Summer Academy fellowship encourages collaborative, interdisciplinary work and will accept applications from individual scholars as well as teams.
Recipients of the 2023 Summer Academy Fellowship will be chosen based on 1) a high potential for external funding, and 2) their capacity to generate high quality research or creative projects that result in nationally or internationally recognized research outputs.