This panel discussion on 17 September 2020 examined the challenges facing publicly engaged scholars in the context of Covid-19. It featured IUPUI faculty and staff: Dr. Ray Haberski (Moderator), Dr. Sue Hyatt, Dr. Mary Price, and Dr. Joseph Tucker Edmonds.
In 2020, the IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute began hosting a series of working groups that bring together Humanities, Arts, and Social Science (HASS) faculty from across the disciplines.
The groups include the HASS Research Working Group, the HASS Covid-19 Working Group, the Environmental Arts & Humanities Working Group, and the HASS Racial Justice Working Group.
The purpose of these groups is to
- encourage connections across campus units
- drive innovative, transformational, and interdisciplinary research and teaching collaborations
- develop ambitious new research projects that have national and/or international importance
- support the development of major external grants
- sustain ongoing scholarship and creative activity in strategic areas
- spur high impact teaching collaborations that support undergraduate and graduate students
- generate dialogue among faculty, students, staff, and community members through events, performances, exhibitions, workshops, and conferences
If you would like to participate in one of these groups, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.