During quarantine, the IAHI staff have been keeping busy both in and out of the “office” by doing some much needed reading. We’ve compiled a list of our personal favorite books to read that keep us entertained and sane.
Today’s list is brought to you by Kelly Kerr, the IAHI Office Manager. Kelly keeps us all in check and ensures that the IAHI runs smoothly. She has two degrees in English and Anthropology and is also a Filmmaker.
“I had an Italian aunt who was a prolific painter. She told me when I was young, “As long as you have your books and art, you are never alone.” Here are the books I am reading and revisiting during my quarantine.”
1. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Far and away my favorite novel.
2. Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.
A bizarre, surreal epic that spans time and space.
3. The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.
Speaking of spanning time and space …
4. When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris.
Keep laughing no matter what.
5. Big Sky Mind: Buddhism and the Beat Generation.
Carol Baskin didn’t invent “Hey cats and kittens.”
We hope you enjoyed this list! Stay tuned for more staff book picks!